Dr. Ellen G. Stein is a San Diego-based forensic psychologist with extensive experience in forensic evaluations of adults and adolescents at all stages of Criminal, Civil and Military Courts Martial proceedings.
General forensic consultation includes assessment, psychological testing, litigation consultation, jury consultation, and expert witness testimony. Dr. Stein is routinely retained by plaintiff’s counsel and defense counsel (Civil) as well as prosecution and defense counsel (Criminal and Courts Martial).
Criminal Cases Involving:
- Attempted murder
- Sexual assault
- Domestic violence
- Child abuse and family violence
- Teacher molestation/sexual impropriety
- Confabulation and secondary gain in witness testimony
- Cultural diversity addressing gay/lesbian community
Civil Cases Involving:
- General labor/employment
- Sexual harassment
- Hostile work environment
- Wrongful termination
- Emotional distress
- Wrongful death
- Assessment of injury and damages
- Professional and/or clinical impropriety
- Probate matters focused on testamentary intent and undue influence
- Law enforcement misconduct
In addition, consultation and litigation services are provided for licensed mental health professionals facing either inquiry or investigation by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS), the California Board of Psychology (BOP), the California Medical Board or the Office of Administrative Hearings.